Monday, February 9, 2009

Dear Sisters...

Please excuse my blog absence. I could use lots of excuses...camera issues, pregnancy barfness issues, don't want to do my laundry...that sort of thing. The guilt has piled up and really, when you don't want to do laundry, this really is a great alternative.
So...a lot has happened since I last wrote. Mary turned 2. She's so cute (but I think she's also the most terrible 2 I've had)! I guess that's awful to say that about my little pumpkin, but lately she's taken to having daily temper tantrums. We put her in her room and she screams so hard it sounds like there's going to be mushroom cloud in there when we open up the door. Before I put her in I try talking calmly to her, singing to her, distracting her, whatever I can think of. Putting on a movie usually works but we can't be watching movies all day at the whim of the 2 year old!
Then we had a lovely Christmas! I think the Serpent Spiral K'Nex set was the most exciting gift of the season. Jon and the boys built the roller coaster (as tall as Nathan) and it graced our front room for the next week and a half!
Danny and Nater stayed up past midnight on New Year's Eve (Jon however didn't make it).
Then we found out we are expecting #5 baby!!!
Followed by my birthday (#34), Jon's birthday (#33)(yeah, I'm the older woman), then Natey's birthday (#6). We had a great pirate party!! Jon was the pied piper and led the very eager children around the yard looking for secret treasure map clues and finally the hidden treasure chest. What a great dad!

And now, I guess you could say I'm pretty much in early pregnancy blah land! It's all part of the bliss I guess!
I love you gals!
Toodle-oo!

5 comments:

Becca said...

The info packet on 24-36 month olds my Parents As Teachers educator left for me say to "look for your child to: . . . whine, be aggressive, and insist on doing things her own way." That describes James to a "t." At least I know he is not the only one! And you are right to not let Mary watch movies all day long--to much TV is correlated with ADHD in kids under 6.

Libby said...

Oh Mary-what a stinkpot. Maybe you should build a bomb shelter. I missed the addition of "spider" to Natey's party description. Was it included? Kidding. Also-hurray for being the older woman! I'm a member of that club as you well know. Finally-thanks for posting. I love to hear the Vance snippets!

Robin said...

I miss you! Congrats on being pregnant. We needed an '09 Healy baby so thanks for stepping up. I loved the "mushroom cloud" visual you provided. Sounds hilarious from where I'm sitting but I can understand why you don't love it. It was fun to read of your adventures. Keep us posted ;)

shelby said...

I loved talking to you the other day!! It makes me miss you so much!! I love swapping motherly advice with you, you always seem to point out something I just didn't think about! We love you and cant wait to see you!! I'll try to keep posting if you will to!!

Lizzy said...

Congrats on you upcoming arrival. We will now be tied for the most kidos in the Healy Cuz's. Hope you are able to pass me up. To old and tired to do it again. When are you do. Give me the details. Love ya...