Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Homemade Bread!


OK, so when Jon saw me staging and taking the bread photo, he said, "Wow, that can only be a blog picture!" Right he was!
Well, we finally got a wheat grinder! I'm probably more excited than I ought to be, but I've been wanting one forever! We did a group order with some people in the stake and were able to save $50 (a penny saved is a penny earned!) It's a Blendtec Kitchen Mill and it grinds up loads of other stuff...dry beans, rice, popcorn (for cornmeal), etc., etc.
I mainly want it to grind up wheat though. Now I just need to get some since I ground up the wheat from one of my two cans! That's our next home storage installment!
I made four loaves in loaf pans and then did the other four on cookie sheets.




.

And I had LOTS of EXCELLENT help! (Yes, Lib, I purposefully made sure the blue dough cutter was in the picture...thank you, I love it!)

4 comments:

Robin said...

Mmmmmm...that bread looks too good. I can almost smell it through the computer. I'm glad you got your wheat grinder. Sounds like a handy gadget.
P.S. The word verification for my comment is PEDWORSH. Thought you should know.

Lizzy said...

Wow very impressive. I wish I lived closer and you could teach me to be a little more domestic. Congrats on your new purchase. I have my mom's old one. It is not sealed like the new ones so it lives in the garage and I have to shake the wevel out each time I use it. I have thought of getting a new one. Just don't know how often I would use it. Let me know the info on yours. I would like to look into it. Have a great day...eat some warm delicious bread for me!!!

shelby said...

Wow you have some bread making talent!! Mike would love it if I could do that!!!

Libby said...

Yumtastic! That bread photo is very professional. I'm glad you're getting some use from the rock 'n' roller. It's applications are limitless.