Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day Barbecue

So, I was never much of a barbecue fan until a couple of years ago when my husband took me to Jack Stack barbecue over by Kansas City. I'm a barbecue convert and Jon already loved it so I decided to try to make it on my own for Father's Day. It's pretty much a 3 day recipe. You marinate brisket in liquid smoke and garlic salt and pepper overnight. It's wrapped up tight in foil. Then you cook it at 250 degrees for 8 hours (pouring your favorite barbecue sauce over it after 5 hours). Then you cool it completely (overnight). Slice it thin and reheat it at 200 degrees for an hour. I have to congratulate myself because it was pretty good. I need to tweak it a little and improve it but it was exciting to make it for the first time!

3 comments:

Libby said...

Generally, I'm a quick dinner kind of gal. However, I really enjoy preparing a recipe that requires a lot of finesse or effort. These always seem to be extra tasty. I also love anything with that liquid smoke-type flavor!!

Robin said...

What a fun surprise. I'm glad you have a blog. Way to go with the BBQ. We are still praising the potatoes you made while you were here. Nate would fall over if I made him something/anything in the meat family.

shelby said...

I am so excited you have a blog now!!!! I cant wait to communicate with you more often!!!
I love you to sar!!